Makes 6-8 servings, Prep Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 20mins
• 2 lb. Brussels sprouts
• 2 tablespoon Olive oil
• 2 Cloves garlic minced
• 1 teaspoon Chopped thyme
• Pinch Kosher salt
• Pinch Ground black pepper
• 1 cup Shredded mozzarella
• ¼ cup Freshly grated Parmesan
• Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
• Preheat oven to 425° and line a
large baking sheet with parchment
paper. Prepare an ice bath in a
• Blanch brussels sprouts: Bring a
large pot of salted water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts and cook until bright green and very
tender, about 10 minutes. Add brussels sprouts to ice bath to cool then drain.
• On a large baking sheet, toss blanched brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic and thyme.
Using the end of a small glass or mason jar, press down on the brussels sprouts to smash
them into a at patty. Season each smashed brussels sprout with salt and pepper, then
sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
• Bake until the bottoms of the sprouts are crispy, and the cheese is melted and golden, about
• Garnish with parsley and serve warm.