• 16 (1/8-inch-thick) slices plum tomato (2 large tomatoes)
• 8 (1-ounce) slices rustic French bread loaf
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 12 fresh basil leaves
• 8 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• Cooking spray
1. Divide tomato slices evenly among 4 bread slices; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese evenly over tomatoes. Arrange basil leaves evenly over cheese, and top with remaining
4 bread slices. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over top of each sandwich, and coat with cooking spray.
2. Place a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place sandwiches, oil sides down, in pan. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over top of each sandwich, and coat with cooking spray. Place a piece of foil over sandwiches in pan; place a heavy skillet on top of foil to press sandwiches. Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn sandwiches over; replace foil and heavy skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.