Spring is in the air; I smell hairspray and see endless amount of beautiful dresses! It’s that time of year your daughters and nieces have been waiting for. Prom season has arrived! If you’re looking to have the perfect night, then you need the perfect dress. Although dress shopping is always fun, it can also become a bit stressful. Don’t worry too much, I did the research for you. I’m not only going to give you this year’s latest prom trends, but also tell you where you can shop for them without breaking your budget.
With every prom season that rolls around, dresses are changing from traditional prom silhouettes to red carpet silhouette. Dresses are no longer just layers of tulle, instead we have beautiful fabrics that hug and help flatter your shape.
There are enough styles out there to please everyone. And as always, trends are just another thing we must look forward to. At the end of the day, no matter where you’re going, may it be to prom or to Publix, wear what makes you feel most beautiful; that my only real rule ever when it comes to fashion. If you love it, make sure you rock it!
- Although new seasons come, some styles are too hot to give up. That’s why two-piece gowns continue to flood the dance floor. Except this year instead of crop top and miniskirts, I see nothing but full length two piece dresses. You will give off both a fashionable yet youthful vibe.
- Plenty of girls will be wearing off the shoulder gowns this year. Slip on a dress like one of these and they’ll make you feel both elegant and sexy.
- If your anything like me, you love to get dressed up. I take full advantage of black tie affair when I get the chance. You can feel like a princess all night long, because no matter what, ball gowns will never ever go out of style.
- Want to turn some heads? This year’s illusion gowns are one of the most popular looks. Give the appearance of showing some skin while keeping it classy; lace, mesh and, rhinestone accents are used in these dresses.
- Sherri Hill always creates prom dresses in various colors, styles, lengths, and fabrics. However, this Prom/Spring 2018 collect was filled with lots of rose and floral patterns. Although she is on the higher end budget, it sure does show in her gorgeous dress like these.
- If you love glitter, shimmer, and shine I hope you’re attending prom 2018. Rock head to toe sequence or just a little. Even step into the future with the new full metallic dresses. No matter what, your dress is sure to be talked about.
*If you are going to be ordering online, do yourself a favor and order your dresses in advanced ladies! You never know if you’ll need alterations or a Plan B. Also, it’s so important to know your measurements! If you have never taken proper waist, bust and hip measurements be sure to find a tape measure. If a long period of time has passed since the last time you measured, it wouldn’t hurt to also find a tape measure!
*If you’re looking for a one of a kind dress for your special night, visit to our sister store in Winter Garden (Victor Russell ETC). We have a handful of couture gowns designed by Victor Villard.
*After finding your perfect prom outfit, call 407-892-1005 to book your prom hair and makeup! We are already booking up so call before it’s too late!
Hairstyles, haircare tips & tricks, fashion news and much more monthly from the stylists at Victor Russell Salon. A full service, Paul Mitchell Focus Salon located in St. Cloud at
105 East 13th Street, 34769