• 9 large eggs
• 1 medium avocado (halved, pitted)
• 2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
• 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
• 1/3 cup seeded and finely chopped Roma tomato(1 to 2 Roma tomatoes)
• 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño
• Dried or fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
1. Make the hard-boiled eggs: Fill a large pot with water,
add all the eggs, and bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
As soon as the water begins to boil, cover with a lid, remove
pot from the heat, and let eggs sit for 10 minutes. Drain
water and transfer eggs to a bowl of cold water to cool.
2. When the eggs are cool enough to handle, remove the
shells. Slice each egg in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks,
adding just 2 whole egg yolks into a medium bowl and
discarding the remaining 7 egg yolks. Place the egg white
halves onto a platter.
3. Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a spoon
to scoop the avocado’s esh into a bowl. Use a fork to mash
the egg yolks and the avocado together. Stir in the sour
cream and lime juice.
4. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes with a spoon and
discard; finely chop the tomato, along with finely chopping
the scallions. Add both to the mashed avocado, along with
salt, pepper, and optional jalapeno. Stir together to combine.
5. Spoon the guacamole into each egg white half, dividing
the mixture between all 18. Garnish with a sprinkle of dried
or fresh chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve.