• 3 large ears of corn, husks and silk discarded,kernels cut o the cobs
• 2 large eggs
• 1 avocado (halved, pitted, coarsely mashed with a fork)
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup fat-free milk
• 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh chives
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons canola or corn oil and 1 1/2 teaspoons canola or corn oil, divided use
• Cooking spray
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the
corn, eggs, avocado, our, milk, chives,
baking powder, salt, and pepper.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2
teaspoons oil over medium-high heat, swirling
to coat the bottom. Lightly spray a 1/4-cup
measuring cup with cooking spray. Using the
measuring cup, scoop up the avocado mixture
and mound it in the skillet. Fit as many fritters
as you can without overcrowding the skillet
(about 5). Gently press them down using a
spatula that has been lightly sprayed with
3. Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, or until
golden brown. Turn over the fritters.
Gently press them down with the spatula.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Transfer to a large plate or platter lined with
4. In the same skillet, still over medium-high
heat, heat the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil,
swirling to coat the bottom. Repeat the cooking
process with the remaining batter.
Reduce the heat if the fritters are cooking too
fast and starting to burn. Serve warm.