Victor Russell Salon is a full service, Paul Mitchell Focus salon located in St. Cloud Florida. Behind the chair for only 8 years combined Victoria and Gianna are two passionate hairstylists who inspire each other day in and day out and they are ready to transform your hair!
New Year, New You, New Hairstyles and Trends – Yes, another year has come and gone! Now along with your fitness goals this new year, add spending 5-10 extra minutes on your hair in the morning. Remember, your hair is the crown you never take off. To help you out this year we put together a few celebrities inspired hair ideas that are not only easily mastered in a few simple steps, they don’t require a proper shampoo, blow-dry. Dry Shampoo is our BFF 🙂
Classic Curls will never go out of style and they couldn’t be simpler!
- Using a 1 1/4-inch curling iron take 2 inch vertical sections, wrap sections away from your face
- Alternate curling directions – some pieces towards your face and away from your face
- Let your curls set 5 minutes before running your fingers through them
- Shake it out and spray Stay Strong hairspray 12 inches away from your hair.
*Remember to get the ends of your hair through the curling iron to avoid fish hooks*
When we think new we think shiny! No, you don’t have to involve sparkly pins and headbands, but that’s half the fun! Even the messiest bun can get a polish upgrade with a little hair accessory. And if you aren’t a bling and jewels gal, showing off plain jane bobby pins is now something we are aiming for! Intentionally making triangle, chevron or hashtag designs for a last-minute touch is always fun.
Braid it anyway, anyhow! Just remember our little pinch and pull trick to take your style up a notch. For the look to the left –
- Rough your hair up with Dry Wash by Paul Mitchell to prep your hair.
- Give yourself a deep side part on either side
- French braid the deeper side from the hairline to the nape.
- Finger comb strands on the other side into the braid and follow it down.
- Leaving a little more than normal, tie off braid.
- Starting at the bottom, pinch and pull each side, alternating on your way up to thicken and rough up your braid a bit. Top off with your favorite hairspray and your set!
Hairstyles, haircare tips & tricks, fashion news and much from the stylists at Victor Russell Salon. A full service, Paul Mitchell Focus salon located in St. Cloud.